Archive | before and after RSS feed for this section

Before & After: Burlap Dollar Store Project

2 Nov

 My burlap obsession continues. I found these plastic frames at the Dollar Store a while ago. I liked the size and was hoping I could make them over.

I decided to use some darker burlap for this project. I made a pattern of the long side and the shorter side of the frame. Then I copied those sides 3 more times so I would have enough to do two frames. I hot glued the burlap on, pulling the burlap as I glued it down so it was taught over the frame.
After they were covered, I made two flower embellishments with burlap and Amy Butler fabric. Then I attached vintage buttons using Gorilla Glue.

https://i1.wp.com/www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/300/15/156d1efe-de63-4a1e-8ea0-c982518ec19c_300.jpg

 
 
I then opened the back of the frame and took out the glass and then traced the photopaper onto sheet metal. I used metal shears to cut the rectangles out.
So now, they are unique, fun burlap magnet boards that I can use to display seasonal pictures, invitations or little notes to my family.
Total cost: $4.

XOXO

Creative Fridays: Before and After Party

9 Jan

So Rhoda from Southern Hospitality is hosting a Before and After Projects Party. She has done the most amazing projects! I also love decorating projects.

Unfortunately I wasn’t doing this blog for more than half of 2008 so I don’t have many before pictures of some of my smaller projects, but we did do some big projects in 2008. So here are some of the things we did: 1. We turned my formal dining room into my office/craft room.

It’s funny, we only used the dining room once or twice a year. We also had part of the open arch enclosed between the living room and dining room and had french doors put on so the office could be closed off. Now that it’s my office/craft room it gets used EVERY day. It’s probably the most used room in the house. Maybe even more used than the kitchen 🙂

{Dining Room Before}
{Dining Room after (now Craft Room/Office)}

2. We painted the family room. (It took many cans of paint to decide on just the right shade.)

{Family Room Before}


{family room after}

3. When we moved in the girls’ bathroom was covered in fish! I scraped all of the wallpaper off, painted and then we had these frames made to hide the ugly stock mirrors.

{Girls’ Bathroom Before}
{Girls’ Bathroom After}

4. We also had a frame made to go on my son’s bathroom.

{Son’s Bathroom Before}
{Son’s Bathroom After}

5. We had white countertops in our Master Bathroom that always looked dirty. We put granite countertops in and had frames made to cover the mirrors.

{Master Bathroom Before} {Master Bathroom After}

5. Everything in our house was white and boring, so I painted the Living Room and recarpeted.

{Living Room Before} {Living Room After}

I hope to get many more projects done in 2009. Thanks for stopping by for my Top 5 Projects in 2008. Go on over to Rhoda’s site and see the hundreds of before and after projects that industrious bloggers did in 2008 — it is very inspiring! I had a Valentine’s project that I was going to blog about today, but I will save it for tomorrow.

Have a delightful day! –Jen