- Outside my window… It is dark. We have had some rainy weather. On Wednesday night a group of women from our neighborhood went up the canyon for a cookout and hike. As we were going up, a huge thunderstorm came in. It stopped after awhile, so we were able to have a nice dinner and s’mores. Hannah came along and loved the hot cocoa.
- I am thinking… About Susan. Her funeral is today.
- I am thankful for… My kids. The two oldest were at sleep-away camps last week. When we went to pick up my son we were able to see their dance performances. At the end he took his 4 year old sister and danced the waltz with her. I thought that was so sweet.
- From the kitchen… tonight I made one of my favorites — Pioneer Woman’s Smashed Potatoes. I used potatoes, rosemary and thyme from the garden. And a little bit of bacon on top. Yum!
- I am wearing… A sweater and capris. It still hasn’t warmed back up completely. When we were eating outside the weather was perfect.
- I am creating… I have been making more of my resin pendants. I used some vintage buttons on these. Here is a picture before I poured the resin.
- I am going… To the funeral and then I am going to work on some PTA things for the new school year.
- I am reading… I am almost to the end of my British family saga book. Does anyone have any good suggestions?
- I am hoping… To have a good week this week. My son’s friend Phoebe is here visiting. So we are going to take her around to some hot spots: the planetarium, dinosaur museum, downtown and mini golfing.
- I am hearing… The sound of a movie coming from the basement where the teenagers have taken over the big television. My little ones are sleeping.
- Around the house… I am finishing up my garage renovation. It has taken many hours of hard work, but has been worth it. I love going out there now.
- One of my favorite things: Are my blogging friends. Thank you so much for coming by for my blogoversary. You guys really lift my spirits. I don’t know what I would do without you!
- A few plans for the rest of the week: Doing my trail and spending time with the kids – we only have 2 weeks of Summer left *sigh*
- Here is picture thought I am sharing…Mom and I tooling around the neighborhood a few hours ago this bike! It was the first time in 30 years that she had been on a bike. Can you believe that??
Go over to the Simple Woman to join in the fun.
Have a Delightful Day