My friend Susan passed away tonight after a long, courageous battle with breast cancer. She was a wonderful person.
- A loyal friend
- an incredible artist
- A great listener
- Loved to read
- A wonderful mom
- Had a beautiful laugh
- A talented writer
- Loving wife
- A fighter
She will be remembered and missed.
My heart goes out to her husband Elden and their young family.
Happy Birthday Dad! Today we celebrate your life and remember all of the wonderful times we had together. Some of the things I am remembering today are:
- Long car trips across the country in our old station wagon playing barbies in the back
- You pushing the old metal lawn mower on Benjamin Avenue
- Going to visit your work with you at UpJohn Co.
- The little chicks and bunnies you brought home to us from work
- Backpacking in the mountains
- Fishing in Arnold
- Your wonderful, huge pumpkins that you loved to grow
- Spending hours at the kitchen table while you explained complicated math to me
- Taking long, Sunday afternoon car trips around the Amish country
- Raking huge piles of leaves on Midvale Terrace and then jumping in them with you
- Playing board games up at the cabin
- Doing last-minute Christmas shopping with you on Christmas Eve
- Going for long hikes up in the woods by your Alamo house
- Going skiing with you in Kalamazoo and accidentally hitting a deer on the way home
- Getting advice from you when I had to make a hard decision
- Driving lessons on the freeway in New York
- Christmas morning in Connecticut
- Swimming in the pool with you in Saratoga
- Seeing you wrestle with the grandkids
- Snorkeling in the ocean
- Camping out with the kids in your backyard in the big canvas tent
- Your unconditional support and love.
We miss you Dad and you will forever be in our hearts.