This is a fun project to do with your kids. We were over at my mom’s house and she showed us how to make these fun little guys.
This is what you need to make them:
1 package of chocolate (the kind you use to dip strawberries)
1 package of almonds, sliced
1 jar of cherries with the stems on
small candies (we used little red hots and sprinkles for ice cream) Other ideas would be silver round balls used to decorate cookies.
1 package of chocolate kisses candy
- Lay out a large sheet of wax paper.
- Then melt the chocolate over low heat in the microwave.
- While the chocolate is melting, strain out the cherries, dry them off and lay them on a paper towel.
- Also take the wrapping off of the chocolate kiss candies. You need one candy for every cherry that you have.
- Once the chocolate is melted, take one of the cherries and dip it into the chocolate while holding onto it’s stem. When it is evenly coated, lay it on the wax paper at an angle. You want the stem to point away from you.
- While the chocolate is still wet, press one of the kisses against the side opposite the stem. Press firmly until the candy is attached to the cherry.
- Now find two of the almond slices that are about the same size. Put those in between he candy and the cherry to make ears.
- After you have done this, put a round candy on the tip of the chocolate kiss using a toothpick with some of the chocolate on it so it sticks. Do the same thing on the top of the kiss to make the eyes.
These turn out very cute. The kids love to eat them. An idea I heard that is cute is to make a plate of these mice and add a Night Before Christmas book and take them around as neighbor gifts.
My next post is my 100th!!!! So stayed tuned for my 100th posting Christmas giveaway!!!!